22 January 2017

What I Eat in a Day #3


I see a lot of What I Eat in a Day blog posts and YouTube videos and I love getting a sneak peak into people's lives and eating habits. What gets to me, however, is how unrealistic and unattainable some of these posts and videos can be. I cook a lot and I don't always have time to take perfect shots and to be honest I just don't feel like food photography is quite my thing - I'm too impatient to dig in and eat my food while it's still hot! I love beautifully displayed and photographed food and it is a photographic skill I would like to develop but for everyday food shots, I just don't have the time. 

These photos may not be perfect, the food might look sloppy but they are realistic, down to the processed parmesan squares I pop in the oven when I want a quick and comforting lunch! 

  1. Balsamic mushrooms on whole wheat and seed bread, topped with a fried egg and parsley
  2. Mushroom risotto
  3. Buffalo cheese, a selection of cured Italian meats, extra virgin olive oil and basil leaves
  4. Yoghurt, chopped pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon and blueberries
  5. Grilled cheese sandwich made with a mix of cheddar and Jarlsberg cheese and ketchup
  6. Parmesan squares with crispy kale
  7. Quinoa and kale salad, baked sweet potato, roasted pepper and hummus
  8. Banana Pancake topped with blueberries, a lot of maple syrup and tea
  9. Nachos topped with cherry tomato salsa




No comments:

Post a Comment