30 September 2016

What I Eat in a Week #2


Anyone who knows me well will know that I love cooking. To me cooking isn't a chore, it's a pastime and I would go so far as saying it's a passion. Even with a busy job, I find the time to cook a meal on most evenings. Yes, sometimes I'm tired and don't feel like making something complicated but I've accumulated a good arsenal of quick recipes I can whip up in a flash (see images 7 & 9). A lot of these recipes are adaptions from the originals. I cook them on rotation and have memorised most of them at this stage as I hate going back and forth to the cooking book or my laptop.


  1. Banana pancakes topped with apple sauce
  2. Fish chowder (I use this recipe and add cod half way through the cooking)
  3. Asparagus Fettucini Alfredo and salmon (adapted from this Jamie Oliver recipe)
  4. Lentil and brown rice soup (with kale and mushrooms)
  5. Salmon fishcakes with roasted tomatoes and kale chips (adapted from this recipe - I substituted the panko for breadcrumbs and omitted the mayonnaise)
  6. Carrot cake cookies (adapted from this recipe)
  7. Spinach pasta with cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese
  8. Courgetti and baked cod with tomatoes, olives and capers
  9. Red Lentil Curry with brown rice

No comments:

Post a Comment