21 September 2016

Ischia, Italy


I often say that in my previous life I had to have been Italian. I love Italian food and cooking and gravitate towards anything Italian, whether it be the fine leathers or the wines. It goes without saying that I've always wanted to go to Italy but with so many places on my list of things to see in the Apennine Peninsula I didn't know where to start. Luckily for me, the decision was made easy when my parents said they would be going to Sorrento in September. It was the perfect opportunity to finally see Italy and to catch up with them.

On our first day, we woke early and took the ferry to the beautiful island of Ischia about an hour from Sorrento. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the sights did not disappoint in the least. We walked through the quaint streets and headed towards the end of the island where we visited the Castello Aragonese d'Ischia which dates back to 474 B.C. From the Castello, we were able to see some impressive views of Ischia including the clear blue water. It was mesmerizing.

After a full day of exploring this charming island, and stopping several times to taste the local cuisine, we got back on the ferry and were left with a stunning view of the sun setting behind the Island of Capri as we sailed by on our way back to Sorrento.

Dress: Zara / Belt: Gap / Sandals: Primark / Sunglasses: Ray-Bans


No comments:

Post a Comment