28 May 2015

Food I Miss from Home


When people ask me what I miss most from home I always answer "food". Sure, I miss other things, but when I daydream about visiting Montreal, my mind always settles on food. What I'm craving, what I can't wait to eat, what the first thing I eat off the plane will be...you know. I just love food and it holds such a special place in my heart. A lot of the meals on my list are associated with happy memories that will stick with me forever. Now, I have to say, it's all junk food, nothing healthy on this list, but who cares? My mouth is watering just thinking about it all. 

In no particular order, this is my most missed foods from home:
  • Cheese curds from Fromagerie Qualité Summum. These are definitely the best in the province. My favourites are the classic or the herbs curds. Mmm, I can almost hear the squeakiness on my teeth in my daydreams!
  • Smoked meat sandwich, and it has to be Shwartz's. I've dedicated a whole post about it here.
  • Tim Horton's breakfast 'Tim Matin' sandwich on biscuit - a truly Canadian classic and reminds me of my go-to breakfast during University. A good hangover remedy.
  • POUTINE!
  • Cretons with mustard on toast. Childhood favourite.
  • Shawarma from the best place ever, Boustan. Those garlic potatoes are out of this world.
  • Chinese from La Maison Kam Fung.

Sorry, Mum,  I love your cooking, but these favourites can't be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment