17 March 2015

Celebrating the Luck of the Irish


Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Irish capital! It's a national holiday in Ireland which means a much needed day off after battling a bad flu last week. To kick off the celebrations, C and I went for some drinks last night with friends in Temple Bar where I enjoyed a few pints of Guinness. So stereotypically Irish of me! It's somewhat surreal to be in Dublin celebrating St. Patrick's Day. People from all over the world descend on the city to take part in the festivities. There was a parade in town and a few fairs around the city mainly aimed at children. For the adults, pubs are opened all day and plenty of drinks to be had. If you're reading this on March 17th, click here to witness the live atmosphere in Temple Bar. I stayed away from major crowds today, favouring a quiet lunch with a girlfriend and a walk along the canal and watched the parade from the comfort of my couch. Obviously, I wore green.

I hope everyone had a great day celebrating Paddy's day! I'll leave you with one of my favourite Irish sayings.

May love and laughter light your days, 
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours, 
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!








No comments:

Post a Comment