4 January 2015

2015 Manifesto

Planner: Kate Spade / Earrings: Swarovski

As I mentioned in my last post, I don't like the word resolution when it comes after New Year's. It's so overused and misused. I normally don't have resolutions at the beginning of the year, choosing to make changes during the year when I see fit. Why wait until a new year to fix or improve something when you can do it now? Nevertheless, a few weeks back, with 2015 looming around the corner, I decided to sit down and jot down a few ideas. And since I didn't want to call them resolutions I searched and racked my brain for another word. I thought maybe New Year's Goals or New Year's Intentions but I wasn't thrilled with them and then I came across this photo on Pinterest and I was sold! So I introduce you now to my 2015 Manifesto.

  1. smile more - I've known for a while that I don't smile enough. People have always said I look sad, angry and unapproachable but this year I want to start off on a positive note by smiling more. 
  2. be present - Lululemon had a great campaign this Christmas which inspired this addition to my manifesto. (If you haven't seen their campaign, click here. It's worth the read and watch.) To me being present means putting down my phone and paying attention to who and what is around me more. Instagram and twitter can wait. Life can't.
  3. chew & eat slowly - Like my father I tend to gobble up my food the minute it's placed in front of me taking little time to chew. Often times it leads me to being full very quickly and hurting and feeling like I have a giant lump in my stomach. So this year I want to improve my digestive system and slow down when I'm eating. There's absolutely no need for me to wolf down my food.
  4. visit new countries - Europe is literally on my doorstep now so it would be a shame not to take advantage of it. In 2015 I plan on travelling and exploring more by means of weekend getaways. On my list of countries I'd like to go to is Denmark (Copenhagen), Czech Republic (Prague) and Switzerland (Lausanne), just to name a few!
I'm sure that throughout the year I'll be adding new things to this manifesto and that's okay. I like to react to what's put in front of me and that's why these aren't set in stone and open to adaption. I look forward to looking back on this manifesto at the end of 2015 to see what has changed and how I adapted.

Have you come up with resolutions or a manifesto for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment