19 November 2014

An Afternoon with Charlotte Tilbury

Some of the tools and products from her namesake collection. The palette is The Dolce Vita Luxury Palette.
A few years ago my roommate at the time got me into beauty videos and tutorials on YouTube and I haven't looked back since! I quickly became a huge fan of the Chapman sisters, better known as Pixiwoo, Lisa Eldridge and Charlotte Tilbury. Being in Montreal, so far from all four of these very talented artists, I never thought I would get the chance to meet them and chat with them. When I saw on Brown Thomas's Instagram that Mrs.Tilbury was going to be at their Grafton street location last Friday there was no way I was going to pass up the chance to meet her.


Charlotte is truly amazing. Having done the make-up of so many celebrities and models, it's no wonder. Kate Moss, Cara Delevigne, Penelope Cruz, Olivia Palermo and Jennifer Lopez are just some of the many, many faces she has made-up throughout her career. She also works on many fashion shows, including London and Paris fashion weeks and many editorial photo shoots. 

Upon meeting her she said, in her characteristic drawl, that I have gorgeous lips. She looked at me carefully, checked my eye colour - brown- and declared that The Golden Goddess and The Rock Chic looks are the ones that suit my facial features best. "Darling, look at those eyes! You can do anything with them!" We chatted about our favourite products and I thanked her for her videos and the work that she does to inspire women to feel more confident about themselves. It was a short meeting, but not one that I will soon forget.

My eyes made-up by one of her make-up artists using the Dolce Vita Palette.

** All photos taken with my phone. Sorry for the poor quality!

1 comment:

  1. so fun! what a great memory to have and to share. =D
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete