3 July 2014

Surviving the Heat Wave


Over the last few days, Montreal has been hit with a heat wave. The days are hot and humid, with the feels like humidity levels reaching as high up 38ºC days in a row. Not enjoyable in the least bit. I can't bare heat waves and find it an absolute nightmare leaving the house in the morning when it's already 28ºC. Don't even get me started about the evening commute! Through the past summers, I've found a few tricks to help me cope with the humidity, which I'm sharing with you below.
  1. Wear loose-fitting and light clothing. You don't want it sticking too easily to you. A pretty sundress will do perfectly.
  2. For commuters using public transport, like myself, sleeveless, skinny straps, or strapless is the way to go!
  3. Keep in mind your workplace attire. A blazer to cover up your shoulders is a must indoors with office buildings often being chilly due to blasting ACs.
  4. Stick to comfortable footwear. The heat and humidity is uncomfortable enough as it is, don't add to it with uncomfortable shoes.
  5. Stay away from dark colours.
  6. For make-up and hair, embrace the au naturel look. Don't clog your pores with heavy foundation and make-up that will melt off your skin before you even get to work. As for the hair, sticking it up in a bun and keeping it off your face is generally a good idea. I have naturally wavy hair, so I curled my hair slightly to help control the frizz. If you have curly hair, don't straighten it, the humidity will make it very hard to keep it the way you want it.
How do you cope with heat waves?





Dress: Vintage / Blazer: SmartSet / Belt: Aldo / Shoes: Urban Outfitters /
Handbag: J.Crew Factory / Sunglasses: Ray-Bans / Necklaces: Vintage, Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment