13 July 2014

Getting Fit

Sports Bra: Gap Fit / Running Tank: Gap Fit / Running capri: Gap Fit /
Hair ties: Gap Fit / Socks: Gap / Running shoes: Nike Free 4.0

Those who know me, and know me well, will know that I am not fit. I can't even remember the last time I did any intense physical activity. Sure, I do some yoga, about once a week, but real, cardio-type physical activity? It must be at least four years, since the mandatory phys ed classes in college. Which is funny because I was pretty athletic in high school. I played field hockey in the Summer and Fall, and skied from the moment the hills opened until they closed in the early Spring. These past four years however, I've become quite lazy. I still ski in the Winter, though not nearly as much as I used to, and as I mentioned, I do a bit of yoga. Four years without any cardio is pretty bad. I can hardly run to the bus stop near my house without being out of breath, let alone go up a couple flight of stairs! In the past, I've come up with every excuse possible for not running or doing cardio, but there's something different this time. I really just want to get in shape. (I don't know whether it has to do with the fact that I turned 25 years old in May and science tells me my metabolism will slow soon.) It's so easy to get fit nowadays with all the free apps available both for android phones and iPhones. I've downloaded RunKeeper and C25K by ZenLabs. I chose to start off easy by training for a 5 km race. I use the training program of C25K and RunKeeper to track my route, pace, time and everything else. I completed my first training yesterday and it went pretty well, much better than I thought! Of course, it helped that I looked the part with all my new gear I purchased during the Gap Sale. Plus those shoes, absolute comfort! If I'm going to do something, I'm going to look the part!

No comments:

Post a Comment