23 June 2014

Tourist in my Own City


Place Jacques-Cartier.
A few weeks ago I found myself yearning for a road trip to escape somewhere new, looking for something different to do on the weekend. But then I had a second thought. I realized that I live in a beautiful, engaging and very interesting city and that I don't take advantage of its beauty and culture nearly as much as I should. So, rather than going away for the weekend, I stayed in Montreal and played tourist around one of its nicest, and most touristy parts - Old Montreal. It felt great to rediscover this part of the city and to see how alive it becomes during the Summer months. I plan on spending more time in Old Montreal during these warmer months. It has plenty of delicious restaurants to try and it's a stone's throw away from the Old Port where there are plenty of activities to enjoy, both during the day and evening.

Montreal's first skyscraper, the New York Life Insurance Building, c.1887.
A monument to Maisonneuve, the founder of Montreal.
Cal├Ęches lined up in front of Notre Dame Basilica.



Bonsecours Market, c.1847.

No comments:

Post a Comment