15 June 2014

A Look at my Favourite Skin Care Basics



I love of-the-moment skin care products as much as the next girl, but there's something to be said about those basic skin care products that I keep going back to. To some these may seem like boring, old-news products, but I swear by them and I find myself using them much more than any other product I own. They do exactly what they say they will and they're friendly to the wallet making them, by definition, basics. So without further adieu, here they are:

Nivea Soft

This cream quickly became a favourite of mine because of how moisturizing and soft it is. I use it on my face every evening after I've taken my make-up off and cleansed. It's refreshing and smells nice and clean, which my boyfriend loves. A small amount (about the size of a quarter) is all that's needed for my face and neck so the pot lasts forever. I also use the cream when I have particular dry patches on my body, elbows and feet and when I'm travelling since it's the perfect multi-usage moisturizer. 

Blistex Lip Medex

This lip balm, let me tell you, has saved my lips many times over the years! Like the rest of my body, my lips get very dry, no matter how many glasses of water I drink. I use different Blistexs all year round, but I reach for this one most often. I love the pringly sensation on my lips when I apply it because it really feels like its repairing my chapped lips. Occasionally I combine it with brown sugar and rub on lips as an exfoliator which works like a charm!

Epsom salt

I first discovered epsom salt about a year ago when my dentist recommended it for my shoulder and neck pain I was having due to my TMJ, and I haven't stopped using it since then. Every week I run a warm bath, add 2 cups of salt and soak for 20 minutes. Epsom salt relaxes muscles, relieves aches and sprains and reduces bloating. I prefer the eucalyptus and spearmint scented salts but they also come in a variety of perfumes and perfume-free. It's made a big difference in the way I feel and has helped get rid of my shoulder stiffness.

Lubriderm

As an all over body lotion this is the most moisturizing and non-greasy formula I have found to date. I really dislike when body lotion leaves a greasy film and takes forever to absorb into the skin. This one is quick absorbing and specifically designed for normal to dry skin like the one I have. I'm picky on scents so I'm very happy that it isn't overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment