25 May 2014

Sunday Breakfast of Champions: French Toast








On Sundays, my boyfriend and I like to head out and go for brunch. Since we've been living on different continents for the past few months, I haven't been going out for brunch nearly as much and I often find myself missing our Sunday ritual. So I decided to recreate the Sunday brunch feeling for myself at home. French Toast is the perfect, easy brunch breakfast to recreate and it is delicious, especially when using a day-old rustic loaf of bread or baguette as I did here.

Simple French Toast 

(for two)


bread

1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. of butter

Mix all the ingredients together, making sure that the egg is well mixed and there are no large white egg bits. Slice bread and dip the slices in the liquid mixture covering the whole bread. Melt butter in a frying pan and place the bread on frying pan to cook. Flip over when golden brown. I like mine a little crispy so I leave on a tiny bit longer until its brown. When your french toasts are all cooked serve with maple syrup and fresh fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment